Forums

Forum Home > ABA > Oregon ABA Hoodriver Results

Jim Gaither
Site Owner

WOW!!

What a field of Anglers that converged on Hoodriver on Saturday.  As you will see from the rooster we had the cream of the crop. There were anglers that had never been on the river, to legends from the past all there to compete.  I would personally  like to thank all of you for coming.

The anglers were greeted with moderate winds, with the forecast indicating they were to increase throughout the day.  As a director, safety is always at the top of the list, but with the caliber of anglers and the sense of companionship I was confident that everyone would be safe. The angler that had never been there before indicated where he would like to go, and he was given some excellent advise on how to get there safely from several of the other participants.

Dave and I headed down river to a couple of spots that had produced in the past, but the river has changed in the last couple of weeks, so needless to say we were on the hunt to just get a limit. As luck would have it we started with a small limit and culled throughout the day , but just couldn't get the big bite we needed. We knew that somebody would figure them out and they did. I personally saw the largest bag that I think has ever come out of Hoodriver, or the river itself, since I've been fishing it. It was indicated to me that this team had never broken the 20 pound mark before, but they smashed that hurdle with an impressive 22.86 bag of Columbia River Smallmouth anchored by a 5.76 Big Fish. Congratulations to Phil Reich and Ron Wiseman for impressive performance.

Oregon ABA Hood River Results

1.     Phil Reich/Ron Wiseman.......................22.86

2.     Dan Bentz/Jim Brinkerhoff......................19.41

3.     Cody King/Addam Gross........................16.71

4.     Kory Ray/Rick Correa..............................16.64

5.     Dave Simmons/David Newman............16.59

6.     David Heldstab/Jim Gaither....................16.57

7.     Rick Beko/Steve Dryden..........................16.53

8.     Corey Buller/Chris Vest...........................15.72

9.     Terry Ballard/Kelly Ballard.......................14.41

10.   Darryl Burkhardt/Dana Mckee................14.31

11.   Thomas Bookman/Carl Ammann.........10.03

12.   Scott Avia/Casey Griego..........................9.99

13.   Micheal Gibney/Dan Radke....................8.56

14.   Micheal Linn/Andea Troy.........................3.88

BIG FISH HONORS

1st    Phil Reich/Ron Wiseman...............................5.76

2nd   Dave Simmons/Dave Newman.....................5.26

3rd    Dan Bentz/Jim Brinkerhoff..............................5.23

Congratulations to all the participants and thanks again for coming.  Our next tournament will be held at Dorena Reservoir on May 31.  This is an excellent event so please come join us.  I will be taking sign-ups starting now until tournament day.  THERE WILL BE A CUT-OFF on the remaining tournaments this year which will be the Sunday prior to the tournament at midnight.

Sorry Pic's did not come out.

--

April 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.